This presentation recap is from the Logistics Sessions: Demystifying E-commerce on Thursday, March 18, 2021.
Presentation topic: The 4 pillars of Omnichannel Success.
According to recent research from BigCommerce and Retail Dive, 46% of retail executives say they’ve increased investment in omnichannel post-COVID. However, many retailers still struggle to optimize all four of the key pillars of their Omni Success.
• Sales Channels
• Marketing & Advertising
• Shipping and Fulfillment
In this session, learn how logistics and fulfillment partners can help their clients build out a comprehensive, up-to-date omnichannel strategy that considers how consumer needs and behaviors have changed.
That strategy should guide the merchant to:
• Deliver a positive end-to-end digital experience wherever your customers buy — including on the merchant’s website, multiple marketplaces, and social channels.
• Think bigger than just sales channels and marketing to encompass back-office operations and fulfillment.
• Collect data to determine how needs and behaviors change over time.
In this session you will gain an understanding of the following topics:
• What is Omni-Channel in today’s Post-COVID world?
• What are the four pillars of Omni-channel success?
• What types of marketplace models merchants should consider, i.e, Third-party marketplaces, own marketplace, or even hybrid.
• How merchants and manufacturers should be thinking about their fulfillment options in an Omni-channel world?
Speaker: Sharon Gee, Sr. Director, GM of Omnichannel at BigCommerce..
Bio: Sharon is a digital commerce veteran with 10+ years of experience in digital marketing, e-commerce strategy, digital transformation, and back-office operations. She has led Sales and Business Development teams in the commerce technology and systems integration space for global companies including BigCommerce, Skubana, Born, Fluid (acquired by Astound), and Tribal DDB. Over the years, she has spoken with thousands of merchants (SMB to Enterprise) and helped architect the digital transformation and omnichannel strategy for hundreds of brands and retailers (Michael Kors, Joann Fabrics, Converse, Billabong Brands, M. Gemi, and many others) across many platforms (Salesforce Commerce Cloud, Magento, Hybris, Shopify Plus, BigCommerce). Sharon has a comprehensive understanding of the Commerce ecosystem and looks to leverage this on behalf of merchants to help them grow their business across Channels. Currently, she oversees the Omnichannel Partnerships team at BigCommerce which focuses on helping merchants grow via integrations to key channels such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, eBay, Walmart, and many others.
Key quotes from Sharon:
“COVID-19 has forced everyone to operate at a much higher level of digital maturity. To succeed today, retailers need to put a stake in the ground and define a unified channel strategy from a digital and physical perspective.”
“There are many pieces that have to align seamlessly to be able to surf the data from inventory all the way to the channel in order to meet a shopper’s expectation.”
The Omnichannel Guide - The 4 Pillars of success